CONSUMERS need data to help them find and research products, both online and offline
RETAILERS require product data to drive their websites’ functionality
SUPPLIERS save time, cost and increase sales with a single source of truth for product data
PRODUCT DATA IS A CHALLENGE
BUT IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY
Offline product information should be available for online and multi channel shoppers
Product data enables consumers to find products more easily on retailer web sites
Your product data strategy needs to consider how consumers shop for your category of product and how your retailers’ web sites will use the data in their platforms. There are various different types of product data that need to be considered when developing product content.:</P
- Filters & facets: Ensuring your data is populated for key attributes that consumers use to filter search results and navigate categories, makes your products more discoverable amongst the massive range on retailers’ sites.
- Key selling points: Calling out the top 5-7 benefits and points of difference, makes it easier for retailers to present your products in their best light and for consumers to rapidly understand how your products’ features meet their needs
- Practical instructions: For a given category, certain attributes are key and omission can result in a consumer selecting a competitor product where the information is clearer. These can include allergens, size, usage instructions, dietary or lifestyle claims etc.
- Compulsory attributes: Some attributes are required for legal reasons, or may be mandatory for a retailer’s web site to present it properly. Ommitting these attributes can mean your product will not be loaded, or will be loaded, but not consistently displayed.
- Comparison attributes: Many web sites include comparison tables. Make sure all key comparison attributes relevant for your catalogue are populated, so that your product doesn’t have a “blank” value for the attributes used in the table
Product data isn’t easy. You need a strategy to efficiently respond to multi channel requirements and opportunities. SKUvantage and SKUlibrary provide ways to support clients with product data:
- Capture service: Product data is hardly fun. The SKUvantage team can transcribe product content from products, artwork and cleanse spreadsheets, so you don’t have to
- Import from systems: There may already be systems holding the product record within your business. We can take an automated feed of this into SKUlibrary to avoid rekeying.
- Export to systems: Feeding content to brand sites, field sales tools and other internal platforms which use the same information can reduce rekeying effort, and get products performing better in multiple channels
- Easily share: SKUlibrary can be easily used to download and email data in retailer upload and other formats. This saves time and risk manipulating data in spreadsheets.
- API Feeds: We provide feeds of data in a variety of formats to retailers and back to our client systems. This can cater for limitations of the recipient from fixed data models, by merging and transforming attributes
ARE YOU MAXIMISING THE BENEFITS OF PRODUCT DATA?
Good product data is a strategic asset for brands
- Learn how major brands are using data to drive sales and productivity
- Understand the strategy of different retailers and their requirements in relation to product data
- Discover how you can differentiate your products in digital channels, in a commoditised world
- Discover how we can help you lighten the load, of product data creation and management
- Hear case studies of how clients and retailers use data effectively within their businesses
To discuss how we can help, please fill in the form