CREATE PRODUCT CONTENT
ONCE, USE EVERYWHERE
Over the past 5 years of operating SKUlibrary, various clients have asked for integrations of their data into and out of the SKUlibrary platform. Such integrations are saving these organisations enormous amounts of time re-keying and re-uploading content, and ensuring immediately accurate content across diverse systems for their full range of products. We have numerous examples of these integrations as below:
- Integrate from ERP: Ensure alignment with your master data and the full range, by feeding your product catalogue to SKUlibrary from your internal systems. This type of integration automatically creates products in SKUlibrary that do not currently exist, to make it clear where there are gaps in product content. It can also be used to update master data for syndication and delete products.
- We have integrations with SAP and similar integrations can be setup very quickly
- We also have integrations into more complex in-house systems using a variety of protocols
- Integrate from global DAM/PIM: If you have a good source of content readily available in a digital asset management (DAM) platform or product information management (PIM) system that you would like to replicate in SKUlibrary, this is an option to explore. Very few retailers, if any, will access your DAM/PIM to source your product content, so one option is to send this to SKUlibrary and then use SKUlibrary as the syndication engine to the wider world. You can read more about our perspective on this by clicking here.
- You should bear in mind that retailers require product content to a certain standard. There is therefore still a role for SKUvantage to ensure that the product content meets the standards with the retailers with whom we integrate. Our role is to make it easy as possible to get this product content to your business partners without complaint.
- We currently have such an integration with one client, and are exploring this with others, with the ulitmate objective to act as a pure syndication service to the many organisation that access SKUlibrary. The effort in ensuring that the product content that is sent is to the necessary and consistent standard for retailers to accept should not be underestimated. Rubbish in means rubbish out.
- Field sales tools: Help sales teams avoid confusion between a wide diversity of products, by making it easy to identify products through visual recognition. You can also use this to give your colleagues the information they need to be as effective as possible and even send information about ranging, promotions and other non consumer content. If the field sales tool is connected to the internet, we can deliver product contents in a variety of ways.
- We already have an integration with a Stay in Front and various clients are using that to present their product images and data to field sales agents
- Brand sites: Make your own web site the source of accurate consumer information such that you become the trusted destination for your own product content rather than retailers’ websites.
- We have a number of clients who are using this opportunity to present more product content than appears on the products or appears on the retailers’ websites, including 360 spins, video and extended descriptions.
- We have delivered integrations into WordPress (WooCommerce) and others and these can be implemented with relative ease by your agency
- B2B portals: Giving B2B buyers more content, even on basic platforms, such that your business customers can place orders with greater confidence is a very important and emerging channel to drive sales. Many B2B platforms are also highly limited or simplistic in their presentation. They often just present the master data title, which at best is limited, and at worst is totally confusing. SKUlibrary can address this and you can also use SKUlibrary to inject promotional banners on the product page for a given product in a B2B environment to better market products in these channels.
- We have clients feeding SKUlibrary content into a B2B platform on Hybris. For our retailer clients, we have integrations into Magento, BigCommerce and in house platforms, but any platform should be possible to connect to SKUlibrary
- Ask us how we can enrich the user experience further with better product names, better images, zoom, video, promotional banners, to help cross sell and upsell your products to business customers as your retailer customers do to consumers.
- Marketplaces: Feed to any marketplace, from eBay to Amazon and partake in this enormous emerging opportunity to connect directly with consumers. Whilst we can feed directly to some of these platforms, we can also work with channel partners who have integrations to dozens of market places nationally and internationally. This just leaves you to sort out the commercial agreements with the marketplace and manage fulfilment. Product content is fully taken care of.
- For P1 Amazon vendor’s (where Amazon fulfils the product) an automated feed is technically not possible. To work around this, we have develop some unique capability that gives our clients the ability to transform the product content into the upload format, saving hours of product content creation effort. There is a help article on this in SKUlibrary.
- Content measurement systems: To compare SKUlibrary with retailer content and ensure that the correct product content is going where it needs to go, send your product content from SKUlibrary to your content measurement system.
- We have developed integrations into all leading content measurement systems including Edge (Clavis), Proftero and Brandview (now acquired by Edge). If you have other ways of measuring the quality of your product content on retailers’ websites versus that on the SKUlibrary, please let us know and we can see how we can support.
- Make sure you also check out the health check report within SKUlibrary to measure the density of your product content across your brand and categories. This is the starting point to ensure you have full content across your range
- Use SKUlibrary as a PIM: Go beyond consumer content to support all data and further drive efficiency in your business. Any ERP system (if you have one) is often very limited in terms of how it stores rich content, images and master data. A number of clients are using SKUlibrary as their product information management (PIM) platform within their business to support a broader array of digital objectives and drive business efficiency. By using SKUlibrary as a PIM, these clients can upload their own images and data, and the data models and workflow are highly customised to their requirement. However SKUvantage still signs off on the images that we send to retailers, to ensure quality stadnards are met.
- As a central source of truth for product content, this strategy accelerates business objectives by rapidly sending necessary information to different systems, both internally and externally, reducing internal IT effort. This is achieved whilst not having to learn develop the skills internally for how to build and manage a product information management platform.
- Plus you get all the benefits of SKUlibrary to share content externally as you do today.
- Marketing channels: Support social and marketing campaign platforms with an image and content feed, to ensure your brands are presented correctly across all marketing channels
- We already have an integration into Shping. This is becoming an increasingly popular way of engaging with consumers, by rewarding them to interact with your brand
- We also have an integration with Storbie, which acts as a e-commerce platform for smaller pharmacies and retailers who cannot operate their own e-commerce platform
- Many marketing platforms, Facebook and Instagram can also accept APIs which we can work with, or we can integrate directly with your channel feeds platform (Intelligent Reach, ProductsUp, Omnivore, etc.) whcih can make further connections
- And if you have a print management solution e.g. Indesign, that can take an API, we can also feed that.
SAVE TIME by avoiding rekeying and uploading content
IMPROVE ACCURACY with a single source of truth for the whole business
EMPOWER TEAMS with better product content at their finger tips
INTERGATING WITH YOUR SYSTEMS IS EASIER THAN YOU THINK
To discuss how we can help, please fill in the form